My Friends!! I am excited to announce the new launch of Youth Ministry 3.6.5, a collection of eCourses that will re-ignite Youth Leaders across the globe! The first session is “How To Avoid Burn-Out In Youth Ministry”. Check out the eCourse when you have a moment!
While developing the Youth Ministry 3.6.5 eCourse, I was impressed to write this blog post. During the first phase of the year, many of us have made plans to achieve goals and change our lifestyles for the better. With the overwhelming stress that comes along with trying to obtain “more”, stress becomes attached and it does not easily leave.
When you experience drainage by trying to impress a boss, work hard without recognition, make money to increase your financial portfolio, raise children, love people and just being you, the side affect is usually burn-out. If you are imbalanced and fail to take a break by owning and managing your time, you will always feel as though you are in a slump, not being able to accomplish much of anything.
This quick read is just to simply encourage you to avoid burnout at all cost and here are a few tips to keep you emotionally, physically, and mentally stable:
- Prioritize your activities and manage time properly.
- Learn how to say “NO” without feeling guilty. You are not required to be the Super Hero with the Super Power, available to save the day.
- Get some rest. UNPLUG all cellular devices, turn off the television and sleep until you feel like getting up.
- Find a great book and read it!
- FORGIVE. Empty baggage from your heart by learning how to forgive and move on with your life. This is easier said than done, but this truly is a guarantee that will lift a burden from your life.
Although these are not the only ways you can avoid burn-out, you can start with these first five tips to get back on track and download your happiness. Lastly, find your favorite scripture and meditate on it, listen to your favorite music, tap into your favorite hobby, play your favorite sport, visit your favorite restaurant, hang out with your favorite group of friends and just RELAX! You can avoid burn-out by embracing these tips and moving forward with your life!